Senior Cloud Deployment Engineer
Chicago, IL, USA or Remote - 8 months ago
Senior Cloud Deployment Engineer
Cloudbakers is looking for smart, energetic, and personable technology professionals for a Deployment Engineer, Google Workspace position. We are looking for someone with a broad range of technical skills and aptitude with 4 - 7 years of relevant experience.
Our ideal candidate will understand the value of teamwork. We are looking for the right fit with our growing organization and we will invest in training. This is a Chicago based position.
A Senior Cloud Deployment Engineer responsibilities and duties are as follows:
- Lead, implement, and support Google Workspace migrations
- Support our clients in a timely manner with passion and integrity
- Provide desktop and server support via email, phone, and in person
- Manage cloud networking services and connect to client networks
- Train our clients’ end users and their technical personnel
- Lead technical discussions with customer executives that drive decisions and implementation
- Execute tasks related to SaaS configuration, development and integrations
- Configure and manage Cloud Platform services and APIs
- Differentiate Cloudbakers’ products and services from our competitors by positioning yourself as the market and industry expert you know you are
- Act as a technical resource for our team, continually bringing value and an innovative mindset to our projects—you know, the whole shebang of being a ‘baker
- Embrace being a ‘baker by keeping our team updated and trained on new products and technology updated in the market. Teamwork makes the dream work!
- Collaborate with key resources including engineers, support, operations, salespeople, marketing and partners
- You will be directly working with leadership and will be requested to work on a variety of tasks
- Anything else that needs to be done that adds value to the business, our clients and your co-workers
- Understand networking fundamentals and common enterprise networking architectures
- Familiar with MS Active Directory, MS Exchange, Powershell, MDM
- Understand DNS and end-to-end email flow
- Experience with software as a service (SaaS)
- Intermediary to proficient knowledge in using Google Cloud (Google Workspace)
- Experience with and/or understanding of Office 365, Exchange or SharePoint Online
- Familiarity with IT security practices such as identity and access management, device management and data protection
- Ability to travel to client sites as needed and requested
- This position is highly client facing, candidates will be required to demonstrate strong communication and management skills
- Prior Google Workspace deployment and/or administration experience
- Consulting experience
- Strong technical and/or cloud technology aptitude
- Bringing the heat in foosball and ping-pong (yeah, it gets pretty competitive)
Cloudbakers also requires that team members possess the following traits:
- Build trustworthy relationships with our clients and team through integrity and accountability.
- Desire to learn and advance in work and in life.
- Possess a positive, unrelenting, creative approach to problem solving.
- Give and receive constructive criticism for the benefit of all.
- Be Authentic. Be Yourself.
Cloudbakers is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status or other legally protected class.