London, UK - 6 months ago
At Datatonic, we provide businesses with cutting-edge data and AI solutions in the cloud.
We partner with Google Cloud to help clients take cloud technology to the limits. With Google Cloud Platform as our foundation, we help businesses future-proof their solutions, deepen their understanding of consumers, increase competitive advantage and unlock operational efficiencies.
Our team consists of experts in machine learning, data science, data engineering, business intelligence, and design. We all share a passion for data, believe in a pragmatic approach to solving hard problems, and believe that with the right team and technology, data has the power to transform any business.
As a Business Intelligence Developer you will work closely with other colleagues in the business intelligence and engineering team to help build new or migrate existing data warehouses onto Google Cloud for our clients.
- Build the foundation on top of which our analytics and data science teams will build innovative, impactful solutions with our clients;
- Help our clients migrate existing business intelligence and data warehouse solutions to Google Cloud Platform;
- Design and build brand new data warehouse solutions for our clients;
- Work closely with our tech partners: Google Cloud Platform, Looker;
- Work in an agile and dynamic environment together with our data engineers, BI analysts, data scientists, and machine learning experts.
- Advanced SQL knowledge (including DML, DDL)
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing design and modelling techniques
- Good understanding and experience in working with both OLTP and OLAP databases
- Good knowledge of data transformation ETL/ELT principles and techniques
- Be passionate about data and helping businesses
- The ability to take ownership, build an end-to-end BI solution and find creative solutions to hard problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills; a team player and keen learner who loves building great things together
- Experience in AGILE working
- Working experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Snowflake would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience in a BI consultancy role
- Experience with Looker and/or Tableau or similar leading BI tools
- Experience using version control system (e.g. Git), Ci/CD
The Basics: 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays, choice of laptop & pension scheme
Learning: Datatonic encourages continuous learning at all levels with a generous conference budget, freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies as well as regular knowledge-sharing activities
Career Development: A personalised development plan to ensure you hit your professional goals with a clear roadmap for progression
Impact: The opportunity to work on cutting-edge AI and ML solutions spanning multiple industries and with market-leading organisations
Innovation: Access to Datatonic LABs, our Research & Development hub. Experiment and bring forward ideas, create impactful and meaningful work in a creative and collaborative environment - even just for fun!
Office Environment: A modern office set in the innovation hub of Canary Wharf with complimentary fruit, cookies, tea/coffee throughout the day as well as a shared café and working space with panoramic views of London
Team Vibe & Social: A welcoming and friendly team plus regular monthly social events and team offsites (or remote events)
Working for Datatonic:
Our UK headquarters is based in a tech-centric environment in the centre of Canary Wharf. We also have offices in Stockholm and Geneva and we work with clients in many other European countries. We allow for flexible working hours and the possibility of remote work.
We’re an eclectic team with lots of different interests and personalities. We have many different roles across data science, engineering, analytics, consulting, marketing, business development, and operations. As a company, we have a strong emphasis on learning and professional development. Our core values are:
A hub for continuous learning, curiosity, developing ideas, testing things out - and then putting ‘excellence’ into practice.
Working collaboratively in cross-functional teams to achieve customer delight. We love what we do and draw immense satisfaction from taking responsibility and seeing the results of our work.
Creating positive change for our customers, using the most relevant machine learning and analytics approaches and the best technologies to meet real business needs.
Winning with Partners & Friends
Our business has been built on great partnerships and open-source collaboration. It’s one thing to be successful, but to do it in partnership with great people and other great companies is even better in our opinion.