Senior Software QA Engineer (Remote Israel)
Remote - 3 months ago
- For many companies, the journey to cloud transformation can be more like a tangled web of complexity. DoiT International is a global organization that helps teams successfully evaluate, test, migrate, and optimize on the public cloud.
- Our mission is to enable customers to harness the power of the public cloud at peak efficiency so they can focus on building the best products for their own customers.
- Beyond just a helping hand, we’re building a suite of products to help our customers to optimize every facet of their cloud deployments. As a testament to our deep engineering expertise, over 1,000 tech-savvy companies such as Outbrain, JFrog, and Redislabs trust DoiT International’s Cloud Management Platform as their copilot in the cloud.
- Having raised $100 million from Charlesbank Capital Partners, we’re scaling all aspects of our company — especially around product innovation. DoiT’s Cloud Management Platform is a gamechanger in the industry that helps the developers at tech-savvy companies improve cloud operations, maintain security, control cost, and ensure governance of its growing cloud estate.
Our Core Values guide us in crafting a unique and stellar employee experience for all of our team members.
Target Locations: Anywhere within Israel. We’ve created a remote first culture that thrives in a virtual environment so you have the resources you need to connect with talented people around the world.
In this role you will: As a Senior Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer at DoiT International is responsible for architecting and improving the automated test strategy in Engineering as well as recommending and implementing test frameworks.
You'll work with other SQA Engineers and Software Engineers to develop, maintain, and enhance the testability and coverage in the product line, which includes reviewing designs and assuring there are good test plans in all designs.
You will also execute and report on planned manual tests, report and manage defects. The Senior SQA Engineer demonstrates innovation, leadership, and mentorship skills in addition to possessing a strong technical and programming/test automation skillset, and the ability to work effectively with software engineers.
- Drive best practices in writing automated tests
- Review technical and business requirements ensuring a good testing plan is in place
- Architect, implement and manage automated suites of black-box and white-box test scripts
- Identify product issues and write detailed bug reports during the product development cycle
- Communicate and coordinate with peers and senior-level individuals in cross-functional groups to articulate and compare alternative testing approaches
- Lead defect management and maintenance. Review defects that escaped to the field to learn how they could have been prevented or detected
- Perform both automated and manual testing on high-risk features
- Lead monitoring of test execution across multiple code branches and multiple platforms
- Research, Develop and/or Recommend tools to assist in test planning, execution, and reporting
- Utilize tools such as code coverage tools to assess the coverage of test suites and make recommendations for additional test cases
- Coach and mentor other SQA Engineers
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a QA role, demonstrating excellent knowledge of QA methodologies and Software development processes (Agile Scrum)
- Fluent in object-oriented programming with minimum 3 years of use of programming languages for development or QA purposes
- Experience with React (Cypress), Python, and GoLang testing frameworks is highly desirable
- Experience with automated load/stress and performance testing and tools
- Experience with SQL
- Experience testing Cloud or SaaS-based applications
- Experience with API testing or integration
- Extensive experience with various types of testing including unit, system, integration, user acceptance, regression, usability, and end-to-end testing
- Strong ability to work in fast-paced environment and ability to multitask with ease is essential to the success of this position
- Comfortable building and maintaining test systems from scratch
- Track record of leading complex test projects in a hands-on way and mentoring others in test automation design and implementation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Innovative, analytical approach to solving complex test problems and performing troubleshooting
Benefits and Perks
- Health Insurance including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from top carriers
- Professional Development, including certifications
- 401k matching / Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Uncapped PTO
- Parental Leave
- Flexible working options
- Home Office Allowance
- Work-life balance