Join SADA as a Senior Pre-Sales Cloud Engineer!
As a Senior Pre-Sales Cloud Engineer at SADA, you will work collaboratively with other architects and engineers to design, prototype and lead the deployment of scalable Google Cloud Platform (GCP) architectures. You will work with engineering teams, customers and sales teams to qualify potential engagements, craft robust architectural proposals, and deliver Statements of Work (SOWs) that engineering teams can successfully execute. You’re also hands-on, able to conduct experiments and build functioning prototypes that prove out ideas and build confidence in the solutions you advocate.
You will be a recognized expert within SADA and will develop a reputation with customers as well as the Google Cloud sales and professional services organizations for the quality of your work. You will demonstrate repeated delivery of project architectures that other engineers and architects demur to you for lack of expertise. You will also lead early-stage opportunity technical qualification calls, as well as lead client-facing technical discussions.
Pathway to Success
#BeAChangeAgent: You are a rainmaker! You are way out in front of our delivery organization, meeting with the spectrum of corporate and enterprise customers that need our consultative services. You have your finger on the pulse of their technical needs and take pride in helping them solve their real-world problems on GCP.
You will be measured quarterly by a combination of (a) the volume of signed SOWs that you shepherd through the sales funnel, and (b) the level of customer satisfaction measured at the end of each engagement.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a customized development plan together that leads you through the solution architecture or management growth tracks.
Required Travel - 30% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel has been temporarily restricted.
Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touchpoints occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives
Training - Ongoing with first-week orientation at HQ followed by a 90-day onboarding schedule. Details of the timeline can be shared.
- Mastery in at least one of the following domain areas:
- Infrastructure Modernization: migrating n-tiered workloads from on-prem and other clouds to GCP with near-zero-downtime (includes full spectrum of lift and shift to complete re-platforming scenarios), or building hybrid-cloud solutions based on Anthos and containerization technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Istio
- Application Development: building custom web and mobile applications on top of the GCP stack
- Data Engineering: data warehouse modernization (including technical architectures, star/snowflake schema designs, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT pipelines and reporting/analytic tools), OLTP/OLAP data migrations, or backup, restore and disaster recovery solutions.
- Experience providing oversight and direction of cloud projects
- Experience leading technical design sessions, architecting and documenting technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives, and identifying gaps between the client's current and desired end states
- Experience strategizing, designing, architecting and leading the deployment of scalable solutions on GCP
- Experience across multiple cloud platforms: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience with container engines: Kubernetes, Docker, AWS Elastic Container Service
- Experience with automation technologies including Terraform, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, AWS Cloud Formation or Microsoft Azure Automation
- Experience working with engineering and sales teams to elicit customer requirements
- Ability to communicate across business units and the ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple streams and lead less experienced architects
- Experience as a technical consultant or another customer-facing technical role
- Hands-on experience designing and recommending elegant solutions that drive business outcomes
- Experience building, designing and migrating complex cloud architectures
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and techniques with a willingness and capability to skill up the team
- Ability to lead an in-depth client meeting/workshop across a broad range of topics including discovery, cloud compliance, and security
- Deep understanding of best practices, design patterns, reference and compliance architectures with an uncanny ability to build and recommend these as needed
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends, new technologies and the ability to apply these to customer architectures to drive outcomes
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
We built our core values
on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make them rave
- Be data driven
- Be one step ahead
- Be a change agent
- Do the right thing
: Unlimited PTO
, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K with match, professional development reimbursement program
as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 12 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 3000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 25M+ users migrated to the cloud.